Monday, January 11, 2010

News Report for Chronicles of a Death Foretold

Chronicles of a Death Foretold
Santiago Nasar is dead. Now the question is who killed Santiago Nasar? And why would they want him dead? At about seven o'clock this morning, Santiago Nasar was found murdered in his kitchen by the police. It seems that Nasar had put up a great fight with whoever wanted to kill him but in the end he lost his life. It appears that not one person was involved but two. Whoever wanted him dead made sure he really was dead. They were not going to spare his life at all.
Police found Nasar's body completely mangled and mutilated. His body has knife wounds every where including his shoulders, palms, back, leg, arms, hands and especially his stomach. Nasar's stomach was slashed so many times that his intestines are dangling every where. One of the neighbors claimed that Nasar walked to his house while holding his intestines in his hand. The neighbor said, "I have never seen such a sight before in my entire life. This man had the courage to hold his intestines and still walked with his head held high like nothing even happened." Nasar was a strong man and still had that pride that the whole entire town knew he had. Even death couldn't bring down this man.
There has been some speculation that the Vicario brothers were the ones who had murdered Santiago Nasar. Some had said that the Vicario brothers were fighting for their family's honor since they believed that Santiago Nasar was the one who deprived their sister of her innocence. All of this started after Angel Vicario's wedding. It turned out that Angelo Vicario wasn't so innocent as many people thought she was.
Santiago Nasar's mother, Placid through her sobs, said "I thought he was in his room at the time, if I had known, I would have opened the door. All of this would not have happened if I only had left the door opened for him to come through and close it." She has been one of the few that has been blaming themselves for the murder. Everyone that has been interviewed had either stated that they had witnessed the incident but most had said they were home. A little girl said, "I was so scared because I have never seen a murder before. I was out shopping when I saw three men running through the crowd that had gathered on the main street of the market. I was a very odd day in town. Every where I looked, I could feel the tension. Everyone was giving each other sad glances all day. After the two men passed by, the crowd followed them. I remember one women saying, "he's in for it now" but I don't what she meant by that until I went with the crowd. Before I even got there I saw the man with his guts and blood all over the place with his eyes bulging out.
One man actually came out and admitted that he knew of the murder but didn't want to get himself involved. He wanted to tell Nasar but he hadn't seen Nasar since the wedding. Women actually came out and said that she saw the Vicario brothers in town after the wedding with two knives saying they were going to kill Nasar. From the looks of things around here many people knew of this murder but were stupid to be afraid and someone lost their life. It makes you wonder what kind of a society we are living in if so many people knew someone was going to be murdered but hadn't made the effort to warn him. What makes you think you won't be next victim of this society?

No comments:

Post a Comment